According to the archives the house was built in 1704 A.D. Some parts of the house may even be older. In the first years, the house was probably used as a farm until it
was transformed into a rectory in 1787.
In 1787 the barn church was built next to the house. The church was devoted to Saint Bavo. According to documents, dated 1847, the building was formerly a longer building with a turret at the front. On the side wall of the house there is still, clearly visible, a door entrance to the former barn church.
In 1934 the new barn was built , 10 meters away from the road and it is located on approximately the same place as the old barn church.